Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Report Option?

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not. But how about an option to report a thread/post to the admins/mods. This way we wouldn't have to figure out if an admin/mod is online to report a thread to. This way it just broadcasts to all mods/admins that a thread was reported so they may act on it. Then after the admin/mod decides the threads/posts fate it is updated somewhere for the admins/mods so they know who did what to each thread.

The way I am thinking about it is as follows

• User Clicks report thread button, Ajax form popups and asks for a reason for the report (pretty much keep it simple).
  • After user clicks submit a thread is created only where Admins/Mods can see it containing the following.
  • Username of submitter, thread title, location on the forum (eg Windows 7 & Vista) and the reason why.
  • Then any admin/mod can go to the thread review it, if against TOS/Policies remove/lock. and leave a response in the report thread stating its status
It may be a bit of work but I think any forum needs an ability to report a thread to the admin/mod staff with out the use of PM's

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Has been mentioned before

http://www.geekstogo...t...l&hl=report