Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Symantec DLL

• Please log in to reply

Kashink

Kashink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi rshaffer61,

I am beginning to suspect that the problem has nothing to do with my computer. I will try another tactic for now, but that doesn't mean I will not be back here soon. Whatever happens, I will keep you in the loop.

Thanks again. :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK let me know and I will continue to monitor this topic for your post.

Kashink

Kashink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi rshaffer61,

As I suspected, the problem has nothing to do with me, and I've been running around, trying to "clean" my computer, asking advice here, all for nothing.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. But your help was greatly appreciated nonetheless.

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you tell what the resolution finally was?
This may help someone later with the same issue.
I am interested also what has caused all this for you.

Kashink

Kashink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Actually, I don't know. I thought this would be fixed today, but I was wrong. I tried another program altogether (ZeroFootprints), which should work but doesn't as of the end of today. However I may be able to make it work tomorrow with a little help from the IT people or from a colleague of mine who uses ZF and whose setup was done with the same IT people.

As for the cause, when all this started, I was told by an IT guy who works for the client that the problem was with my computer, that it was probably infected or something. His opinion was what brought me here. After reading some posts in the virus section, I figured I had a possible "redirect" virus or the like, and posted there. To make a long story short, time showed it had nothing to do with my computer being infected (all logs indicated it was virtually clean) and since I got no answer in the Virus section for over 3 days and saw, upon trying to install Contivity on my desktop computer as well (ordinarily, I only use my laptop for that connection), that a dll file might be missing, I came to this section. Right now, RKinner, after confirming that no virus was present on my machine, is still trying to resolve the Contivity situation. He had me perform a few tests today, so we'll see. Meanwhile, I'm out of work because of this. :)

Here is a link to that thread, if you're interested:
http://www.geekstogo...ct-t266864.html

Edited by Kashink, 04 February 2010 - 09:54 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see you had replies today to the malware topic. They seems to be on the right track with you so I will wait to see what they fix.

Kashink

Kashink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hello rshaffer61,

Problem solved! You can use the above link again to see Ron Kinner's final advice given yesterday (Thursday). I guess you will be closing this topic, as will Ron Kinner the other one I had opened. Once again, thanks for your help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear and glad he was able to get you straightened out. We leave topics in this forum open but I will post the below to show it has been resolved.

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

Edited by rshaffer61, 05 February 2010 - 11:58 AM.