Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Motherboard question

• Please log in to reply

Cyphonik

Cyphonik

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
According to the program AIDA32 I have a Wistron 3612 motherboard with intel T3400 dual core processor. My question is I want to upgrade my processor but not sure exactly on the specs of my motherboard to find out how much FSB my motherboard can handle. i'm not able to find my specs online at all and that is why i'm here hoping that geekstogo will be able to find something and point me into the right direction. At least possibly give me the upgrade to the T3400 that I currently have that will make my computer run faster and smoother. Thank you so much for your time and I hope to hear something in the near future.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Winston 3612 = laptop board and T3400 = 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo Mobile processor.

Do you have a HP G60 or a HP G60 something or other laptop by any chance? This board seems prevalent in this particular HP laptop.
Unfortunately there are no details about processor upgrades for this laptop and if truth be told, HP don't really want you to do it anyway. I dare say there isn't much of an upgrade path.

Cyphonik

Cyphonik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Compaq presario CQ60-220US

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Same thing.
Realistically no upgrade route available. A processor swap these days makes very little difference especially in a laptop and the boards are unique in laptops so you can't do that either.