Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! system stuck in booting loop

• Please log in to reply

rose6189

rose6189

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help...i have a hp dv6000. i wanted to do a system backup. my usb flash drive did not have enough space so the backup and redtore option came up. i did that. it said it created a shadow copy of my drive. in the my computer tab it showed the other drive it created. The line on this one was red (maybe it was full?) i used the computer for a little while after that, then put it in the bag to take home. when i got it out at home it wouldn't get past the bios screen without turning off and coming back on. it keeps repeating this process when i turn it on. i finally got into the phoenix BIOS setup utility and did the hard disk self test. it came back and said test status "no IDE Device". On one screen in the BIOS it says "Video Shadowed" and something else said shadowed. It also says "operating system not found". What does this mean? I took out the hard drive and put it back, still nothing. is it trying to boot from the shadow copy it made? is that even possible? I've never had any problems until i did this back up! Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisements