Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor goes blank

• Please log in to reply

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
here are the two test you said you needed, the everest one and the start pause break one.

Attached Thumbnails

• system.jpg

Attached Files

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It's a personal preference on which is best. I myself prefer Crucial or OCZ

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
you don't recommend corsair? I heard its really good. Just want your opinion.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Also, could it be i installed me ram wrong? In the manual it says stuff about ddr3_a1 and ddr3_b1 and so forth. How do I tell if my ram is DDR3_A1 or what it is?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Corsair is good also. In my system that I just completed building i actually have 4x2 gig memory modules installed. They work perfectly IMO.
I'm not sure what it is telling you. If you bought it as a matched set then it should both be the same.
Is your motherboard capable of running either type?

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
yes my motherboard can handle them, kind of, because I have to overclock the motherboard to accept the ram. Also, I tested both sticks and they both had 400+ errors in the first 5 minutes so im going to hopefully exchange them.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah that sounds like both modules are faulty. That would answer for a lot of problems also.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Wait but my manual talks about ddr3_a1, ddr3_b1, ddr3_a2, and ddr3_b2. What are these?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not sure, can you copy it and attach it in your reply?
If not then let me know and i will try to read up on it.

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
sure, but I called Patriot and they said that this ram isn't compatible with phenom II x3 very well and I might need to tune it to 1333mhz or lower... Is this true?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK, strange if it is ok with mobo why it wouldn't work with cpu.
The specs should tell you what memory the mobo will take along with what cpu it accepts

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I found another problem :-P. When I ran your memory test with the ram set to 1600 it shows many errors, but set to 1066 (I haven't tried 1333) no problems occur...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep OCing will do that to the test.
It would be ebtter to set everything back to default in the bios and then rerun the test.
Since it comesback good at the lower settings then I can figure it is good. The one interesting thing is it does show a problem set at the higher speeds.
Is that the speed you are running it at? 1600?

mike4

mike4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
yes, I ran the test at 1600 the speed Newegg.com said the ram was. And do you think I should still return the ram?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well if you paid for 1600 and the system isn't utilizing it correctly then there is a problem. Did you check to make sure that ram would work without any OCing being put into affect? Some will only run with OCing and with a certain CPU.