Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Freezes When being used

• Please log in to reply

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, this just recently started happening, (and sorry if this is in the wrong area for this post)
But, My computer will run and start, but if I
try to start games, or videos from the internet, and sometimes randomly just freezes.
I run a 9850 Quad Core Phenom 64bit----. Xp Pro 64bit(SP1,Tried installing SP2 when this problem arrived, but it keeps freezing).---- 9800GTX,Motherboard M3N-HT Deluxe (ASUS) and a Western Digital Caviar 150gig with a Maxtor hardrive 200gig. And a 800 watt power supply, corsair , along with Gskill 4gig DDR2 ram

I dont know what started the freezing, but if I could get some help, to get ideas, I can give feed back for questions if I need to find anything.
-Update-
Just realized, I left it idle for 15 minutes , and it freezed, so its at random...it seems.

Anything is appreciated, very much, thank you for your time and help.

Edited by Beautyindetail, 02 February 2010 - 04:04 AM.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
From what I've seen in the past, typically these random freezes are the result of driver problems. Can you download the newest drivers for your hardware from the manufacturers' website and get them installed? You can also check the event log, by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools and opening Event Viewer. Then poke around in there and see if you can find any errors that occur around the time of the freeze.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 02 February 2010 - 07:42 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well, first I went to the event viewer, now under system, there are TONS of circles with a white X, Error. and lots of yellow warnings
This is a DCOM error

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19)
. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

, and seems to be happening litterally 2twice a minute to once every other minute.

my comp is running at 30 case, 40 for the fan, I've got 4 fans in, and 2 fans out , one fan is a 180mm on top of the case, right above the placement for the processor.

Ill work on downloading that program right now, but , what doesnt make sense to me is , I was playing games fine, (Call of duty 6, Crysis, Red Faction Guerrilla) and everything worked fine until two , three days ago, I've dried rolling back my drivers, and I've tried system restore, Im really hoping that this isn't going to end up a format problem.

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ive also been having problems installing the correct drivers, they all claim I have improper hardware, also reinstalled windows, having a hard time getting the internet to run, and I know its set up fine. Anyone?

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
22.JPG

here

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I see something that isn't showing right and need to check it further.
Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)

Run the setup executable file, and let it guide you for the installation process. The setup installs a service, that is started the first time that you run HWMonitor.

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Heres a pic of that running 1234.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Something on your system is running extremely hot but I can't tell what it is. I'm going to ask another tech to take a look and see what they think.

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Alright, well, I guess I might as well just partion the HardDrive with windows.
My question is, How do I get the internet running after a full partion and new install of windows, I have comcast, cable internet, but everytime I reinstall windows, its a huge problem getting the net back up , I just cant find out what I need to do from networking places, and one other thing, as someone had already mentioned, I do have problems with driver issues being compatable, I can download sp2 for XP Pro 64 bit, and it will tell me that I have the wrong software, which I dont,,,
As for now , my other comp that was running hot just runs super slow now. takes 30 min to go though the windows boot up, then about 10 minutes for all the programs to start, then about 10 - 5 minutes when hitting Firefox or Start or anything for that matter, so , if someone could let me know how to go about getting the internet running on a fresh OS XP 64bit Pro,

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Partitioning may not help depending on what the temperature is for, It could be a hard drive or something else. I have requested another tech to take a look at this also. I'm sorry I haven't been around much but working on my new system and it is taking longer then I would like.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

Beautyindetail

Beautyindetail

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, its fixed, I don't know why, but it is.
I ended up just unplugging the whole thing, and just took apart the whole computer, then put it back together.
After I did this, windows regognized all of my hardware as new again, I installed the newest drivers, and , everything works again, except, when I start up, i have 3 copies of windows on the Boot OS menu, how to I get rid of the two I dont use ?

Got all my temps down by 6 degrees btw. and I read that that extremely high temp is hooked up to something that i dont have connected, I believe it's supposed to be the case temperature reading.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is great to hear you got everything resolved. I apologize for not answering back sooner but real life has kept me busy for the past week. Again congratulations for getting it figured out and please let us know how it all is working for you.