Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CDBOOT: can't find ntldr & blue screen error

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there guys, here goes the problem:

Today i formatted windows xp 64-bit with windows xp 32-bit i used 32bit because my computer has like 20gbs so it doesnt really matter whatsoever, so the formatting was going fine so right when the second process started the one after quick formatting and the process after that one is when windows starts to copy the files right? okay so i was just waiting for it to finish but suddenly something happens right at 68% a new windows popped up saying the following:

Setup Cannot copy the file: amdsmb2.inf

. to retry, press enter

if you are installing from a CD, make sure the windows xp cd is in the CD-ROM drive.

. to skip this file, press ESC

CAUTION: if you skip this file, setup may not complete and windows xp may not work properly

. to quit setup, press F3

So i said im gonna skip it and see what happens but the same windows popped up saying the same words except for this one Setup Cannot copy the file: (different one )

so i dont know what the [bleep] is happening now after that i decided to format it again but! with a different type of formatting the first formatting was NTFS (quick) so on this one i decided to do it with the normal one NTFS which takes like foreva :/ and the weird thing is that this time everything worked out pretty well no errors basically nothing but here is the thing though right when my system booted up and was ready to initiate the installation of windows xp u know is like the logo started to load and it took like 5 minutes and right after that pooof! a blue screen error popped up ( a different one ) saying something like this :

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4, 0xf7a16fb0)
now im not sure about this one *** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4, 0xf7a16fb0) it could be a different one but it doesnt really matter u know cus i i tried almost everything guys, that im so fed up right now :) dont know what else to do i really need ur help guys and one more thing!
if u think there is a problem with my hardware or my memory or somethiing like that which component is the one where windows goes in ? if there is a problem with that let me know pls so i can buy a new one and pls recommend me where to buy it and which one.

hp pavilion a1700n

Thx in advance! :)

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can somebody help me out with this please. :)

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
anybody?

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Wow! :) looks like nobody knows about this issue :/
well thx anyway. ill get help somewhere else :)