Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stuck on power supply upgrade any hints?

• Please log in to reply

Teestorm

Teestorm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am upgrading my Graphics card and power supply . I have managed to unplug and label everything except the 24 pin plug that goes from the mother board to the old power supply . I have released the little clip that holds it in , but I cannot get it unplugged . I do not want to force it since I am not interested in replacing my motherboard .

Any ideas ? Tricks ? hints ?

Thank you in advance .

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Sometimes they take a little force to remove. I typically pull and wiggle, just a tiny little bit, to work them out. Just make sure you use your thumb to hold down the tab.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 02 February 2010 - 12:59 PM.

Teestorm

Teestorm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you ! I got it!

Teestorm

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
No problem, glad I could help. :)

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 02 February 2010 - 06:46 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
when in doubt....pull harder

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I work on old computers all the time, and sometimes those things can be a real pain to get out. When I see the motherboard bending, I just wince. :) Luckily, these computers(or their parts) are just for resale, they don't belong to anyone, so if we break something... it's not a huge deal.

I'm glad you got it.