Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Extremely Slow Internet Connection....

• Please log in to reply

TrampMasterFlash

TrampMasterFlash

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Basically, my internet connection is with Virgin Broadband, and im currently on a 10MB connection. Im recieving 5MB, but for some reason I cannot play any games online or do more than one thing at once (e.g use the internet on computer, whilst attempting to play MW2 on my Xbox 360).

Im finding this strange as I used to be able to play TF2, UT3 and other games online with absolutly no problems at all, on highest graphics settings etc.

Im currently using a Netgear DG834G router, though I have ordered a WNR3500, as a friend of mine believes that my router may be broken in some way.

I did a test and the results are as follows:

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::
Upload Connection is:: 152 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 19 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2010/02/02 - 12:57pm
Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 53.89 sec
Tested from a 579 kB file and took 31.21 seconds to complete
Upload Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 34.78 % of your hosts average (virginmedia.com)
U-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-C58FMTH4U
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

Any and all help will be greatly appreiciated :)

Advertisements