- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi Kwoghi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Advertisements

woodtri

woodtri

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I went thru this process and after I got to tdss killer, it found rootkit.boot.sinowal.b. cure was checked and i hit continue. then i rebooted and now i get a message operating system cannot be loaded. running win xp. where do i go from here??

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

I went thru this process and after I got to tdss killer, it found rootkit.boot.sinowal.b. cure was checked and i hit continue. then i rebooted and now i get a message operating system cannot be loaded. running win xp. where do i go from here??

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

My best advice would be post a topic in this part of the forum for further assistance:-

Computer Won't Boot - Malware Related

genox

genox

• Pip
  • 8 posts
You are amazing my friend, Rep..

mcal268

mcal268

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Where do I post my results from the OTM move? Let me know.
Thanks so much.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

Where do I post my results from the OTM move? Let me know.
Thanks so much.

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go.

You have already done what I would have advised, so good luck resolving the issue. :)

AbhijeetMuneshwar

AbhijeetMuneshwar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All,

I want to get the setup or files of "Google Redirect Virus". I have to perform experiments on redirect virus. I tried searching on Google. But I didn't get meaningful results. Can you please help.

Thank you in advance.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

This part of the forum and especially this topic actually only relate too Malware Removal not specific analysis and or the discussion of...

However if you are interested in learning how to remove Malware, have a read of this topic.

Arkanfel

Arkanfel

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have been following this guide since I saw it today. I definitely have the Google Redirects bugs. Upon pasting as directed under the yellow bar:

:Files
ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
[purity]
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[Reboot]
and then pressing 'MoveIt!';
OTM told me it couldn't find these commands:
[purity]
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[Reboot]

But it was able to flush DNS successfully. I had to type what I remembered here, because the box immediately came up when it was finished; telling me that deleting some files would require a reboot, and it told me to click 'Yes'. I attempted to copy the results under the green bar first, but was unable to, and so clicked the button and then OTM closed itself and restarted the computer. I want to add that I greatly appreciate the work you guys do, and thank you for taking the time to read these. It is my belief that this is actually what I was asking for help with in the first place, and at the time I hadn't checked everything. I will be glad to finally be rid of these viruses.

Arkanfel

Arkanfel

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok, I finished the steps in this guide to get rid of the virus. TDSSKiller didn't find anything when it searched for the problem, and so maybe that's a good thing. I still am running into redirects on occasion to strange Asian employment pages. McAfee site scan stops the browser from getting there, but it still comes up, and I'm running out of ideas, if it is still here. Thanks in advance for your assistance to us, I greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

I see you have posted a topic requesting assistance here, please be patient and a Anti-Malware helper will assist you when available. In the event no response after three days feel free to create a topic in this part of the forum:-

The Waiting Room

Mary Patterson

Mary Patterson

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I am trying to follow the instructions on removing redirects off my computer. I get to the part when I'm supposed to dl OTM and my AVG blocks the download as a Trojan.

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts

AVG is over aggressive and this is a false positive.  OTM is safe.  You can whitelist it in AVG so it will not do that or you can start your own topic in this forum for help.

liane332

liane332

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I like these infos.....

Hema T

Hema T

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi

Not only is TDSSkiller not finding the problem, but now my windows phone is also infected with the redirect malware, and I am unable to browse from my phone. Is there any other solution barring doing a hard reset for the phone, and formatting the PC hard drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.