• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

unluckyone

unluckyone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
You guys FREAKING ROCK!

Thanks so much - this guide cured me.

Not only did it get rid of the redirects, it also resolved an issue where svchost.exe was running at 60% CPU at all times. It runs as normal now.

2 weeks trying to figure this out. I'm recommending you to everyone.

Edited by unluckyone, 09 March 2010 - 04:07 PM.

Advertisements

ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay...
i did
waiting for reply tho

bcchc

bcchc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
It worked so far, thanks a bunch!

just quick question: right before i discovered i had this problem i went on my on-line banking site and now i'm a bit concerned. should i ask my bank to change my log in details?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It wouldn't be a bad idea to do that. This infection isn't known as a password stealer, but its nasty enough. If it was me, I would err on the side of caution and change them

dondraper

dondraper

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Followed your instructions too a tee but still having issues deleting AVG 9.0 Free. Error says Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: creating registry key.... access denied. I think the redirect is fixed but the virus has attached itself to AVG and prevents me from deleting it.

Greatly appreciate ANY ideas.

Thanks

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I would visit the Virus Removal forum, make sure to read the "Start Here" sticky topic first

NagataBusinessGroup

NagataBusinessGroup

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I tried following all the directions and I still have the redirect. It says on the address bar www.searchwebway3.com when ever I get the redirect in google. It also prevents me from logging into my gmail! It's driving me nuts lol! Is there anything else I can do? I appreciate all the advice so far!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I would visit the Virus Removal forum, make sure to read the "Start Here" sticky topic first

winmorgan

winmorgan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:)

Wow....Rorschach112....words almost fail!! Thank you SO very much. This problem was making me nuts and I'd despaired of wading through the swamp of posting HijackThis logs, etc., etc. which other "fixit" sites suggested. Your fix worked beautifully and rescued me from the bad karma of the evil thoughts I had every time I got redirected trying to find something. Don't know what your connection to Rorschach is, but I use the cards occasionally for testing, being a shrink. Thank you very much and blessings on you and your life.

All best wishes,

Win

Laybacker72

Laybacker72

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, i ran TFC and it prompted for reboot. I OK-ed it. Its been trying to reboot for half an hour. Wat shud i do? Is it stuck? Can i pull the plug if it doesnt settle itself?

Edited by Rorschach112, 21 March 2010 - 11:36 AM.
removed quoting of the whole tutorial

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Sounds like it may be, try pull the plug if it doesn't unfreeze

swatts8

swatts8

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so far so good. this is the first time i wasn't redirected in weeks. i want to know do i have to keep the icons on my desktop? do i have to keep the files or can i delete them?

UPDATE: it's back again. i don't know what else to do.

Edited by swatts8, 23 March 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
you can delete them

bbranan

bbranan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
yippee! appears to be gone. thanks for the help.

parcimon

parcimon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
after to try several and usual anti-malware, and to tear one's hair out with some other not so good solutions,
the antimalware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as done the job, forever i hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.