• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
@ rayman, kenny et al...

While effective much of the time, this guide will simply not be able to cure 100% of machines infected with Google redirects. If you still have problems after following these instructions, please read our malware and spyware cleaning guide. Follow the instructions to start a new topic in the malware removal forum. Someone will then offer you one-to-one assistance and remove any malware that remains.

Advertisements

Slybyter

Slybyter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you guys so much ;) :D ;), I have been looking all over for help about this problem.
A week or so ago I got a virus or malware, I have been trying to fix it since I knew something wasn't right.
Now thanks to you guys my Google Chrome is working again, Fire Fox has no more redirects, my computer seems to be working great.
I agree with Coach Al this site should be in the top results on search engines.
I am posting this link on Facebook to help people find your site.

Once again Thank you.

SocManEli

SocManEli

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have followed these directions before and had success, but the problem has come back and when I go through the same series of steps that I did last time it is not fixing the problem. I'm also experiencing more pop ups this time around in addition to the annoying redirects. Can anyone help me out here?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

OsirisX

OsirisX

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you so much! This tutorial was very well written and easy to follow and with it I finally managed to get my PC back up and running! :D

JST

JST

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So I think that my XP machine has this redirects Malware. All of the symptoms are the same in that if I use Google or Bing, I am redirected to a website for advertisements (usually) and once in a while pop ups. Any time the computer is connected to the internet, I get random background noise, could be fans cheering in a stand, a motorcycle, or a lysol commercial (only the sound). SpyBot, Symantecs, AVG, Malwarebytes no luck. No luck with system restore. I do know that when the computer became initially infected, I saw the Java pop up for a second or two without me executing anything. A gray box appears over the clock sometimes... looks like maybe some sort of logo. As soon as I mouse to it it disappears. I tried all the steps suggested here to remove, but the TDSSKiller will not execute. I tried changing the name, no luck. Is the virus prohibiting me from executing the file? I also noticed that SpyBot is catching a change to the windows registry that it asks me if it is OK to add and I SAY NO. The file is NPX.EXE that it wants to add. I am a school teacher and need this computer daily for grades, presentations, you get the picture. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

JST

JST

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Logs Removed. Please follow the instructions below.

Edited by JSntgRvr, 06 February 2011 - 10:22 AM.
Logs removed

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
@JST,

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

Please perform the steps in that thread, and create a new thread being sure to include the OTL.txt and Extras.txt logs.

A moderator should be by shortly to edit your above post and remove the logs from your post.

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

Valentine2011

Valentine2011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Many thanks to the GeeksToGo Team for this fix. This terribly destructive Redirect crashed my hard drive last weekend. I was so relieved to come across this fix with easy to follow instructions and good links. Back up and running in 20 minutes... Thank you!!

Gr4zz4

Gr4zz4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:D Problem looks to be solved thanks

Advertisements

fheaney

fheaney

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi -- I've definitely caught something that's causing Google redirects, but after backing up the registry, when I try to run OTM as per the above instructions (on my IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP), I get a blue screen of death reading "c000021a Fatal System Error" (that's all I could catch before the system rebooted itself). Any advice?

Burndenpark

Burndenpark

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello everyone.

I had been hoping to use my maiden post to say thanks for the helpful advice I'd read here a week ago, but I'm not sure now if I've just been unlucky or had a double dose of something.

I got the Windowssafemode infection, and after trawling around the web including here, thought I'd got rid of it by: starting in real safe mode, restoring to a pre-infection point and deleting all files created on the infection day.
I promptly started getting the Google redirects- is this normal, was it 'cos I'd not got rid of it the WSM properly or was I just unlucky and got them pretty much at the same time?
Since then I've even paid for PCTools' Spyware doctor which doesn't seem to spot it- though it does seem able to stop some of the re-directs.

I'll probably not manage to follow the steps here till tomorrow- but thanks in anticipation.

BP

Burndenpark

Burndenpark

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

So I think that my XP machine has this redirects Malware. ...
I get random background noise, could be fans cheering in a stand, a motorcycle, or a lysol commercial (only the sound). ...
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

This bit seems to be redirects while you are looking at something- somehow it seems able to play the sound from adverts without showing the video- I had a youtube one for dog care earlier- if you look at your browsing history for the day you'll see that you've been to loads of sites without actually going from your home page.

(Don't try clicking any - there's no telling what you might get)

Lucan'tdo

Lucan'tdo

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I can't get the TDSSkiller to open or run. I can download & extract, but nothing happens when I double click or try to run it. I've downloaded it from both Internet Explorer & Chrome. I also downloaded it on another computer to a flash drive. Nothing works. Help!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
:D Create a topic in the malware forum and someone will pick you up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.