Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Spyware.Zbot

• Please log in to reply

yoda76

yoda76

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Well I just updated my malwarebytes and ran a scan. It found a spyware.zbot and says it came from systemrequirementslab.exe , systemrequirementslab is a site where you can see whether your computer can run a certain game or not and is used by a lot of people. I have not used this site in a long time and was kind of shocked that I saw it on the .exe file.

Anyway I quarantined it with malwarbytes.

My only recent download was from dafont.com which is a well known free font distributor for graphic design. I now notice that since the scan, I hear a low whistling noise in the background while my volume is on. And yesterday I did visit a chinese website.

And one more thing. It found this zbot in my temps folder on the c:/ drive. Is it ok to delete this stuff? It looks worthless to me.

Is there anything to worry about?

Thanks geekstogo.

Edited by yoda76, 02 February 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Advertisements