Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser redirect problems

• Please log in to reply

Revengance

Revengance

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am working on 2 computers that both have the same infection. One of these had the Internet Security 2010 which I removed. I have ran Ccleaner, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Adaware, AVG, F-Secure Blacklight, and OTL (for 2010 infection). I also ran a Hijackthis and got a clean log. I'm not sure where to go next... When browsing the net with IE, when I say search for wiki on Google and click wiki.org it redirects and takes me to sites full of infections which my wonderful AVG blocks. I've reset IE to defaults and nothing is fixing this. Nothing seems out of ordinary...besides the redirected websites. They are both XP.

Edited by Revengance, 02 February 2010 - 10:25 PM.

Advertisements

Revengance

Revengance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Also for more background both computers were having the DCOM crash and force reboot. I turned off the DCOM process along with Terminal Services since that also had shown crashes on both computers and remote control is not needed. Other than that both computers are also experiencing ftdisk errors and I have tried adjusting the size of the virtual memory and the also had shut it off to delete the pagefile and then turned it back on and checked the size of the file which is within the settings and yet gives the same errors (45 and 49 cannot create page file for crash dump). Also when I shut off AVG I found that the redirect goes to www.cs102175.com along with other sites. I did research on that and haven't found any real fixes yet. I also tried installing Avast with also no infection found. One site gave a fix for Firefox which was to delete the overlay.xul in the extensions folder but had no fix for IE.

Revengance

Revengance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
This can be closed. Still new to these forums and the TDSSKiller seems to have worked, at least for the redirecting, I'll have to try to turn the DCOM process back on and see if it fixed that too.