Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant Logon (continuosly restarts)

• Please log in to reply

kr1s1991

kr1s1991

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My mates computer has suddenly stopped working, for no apparent reason it keeps on restarting when booting up, it gives you the options of safe mode etc or windows normally but when you select windows it goes to checkdisk say all is ok then restarts, i have tried to repair window by going to do a fresh install then trying to select repair but i have no option to repair the installation which is already there! , i have read anf tried different ways of repairing it by using the repair console but nothing has worked, i cant even get in using safe mode, it starts loading up the files, gets to system32\drivers\mup.sys then after a few mins restarts again.
by following one thing that i read by typing in bootcfg /rebuild i now have added another option when loading up, i have 1: windows xp and option 2: which i called 2 but this never worked is there anyway i can get rid of that now??

Any help appreciated thanks!!!!

Edited by kr1s1991, 19 May 2005 - 12:42 AM.

Advertisements

kr1s1991

kr1s1991

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
should i just copy everything to another hd and then reinstall windows xp and transfer everything back over, or is there an easy way to get windows booted up again!!