Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth dongle help

• Please log in to reply

thebeebster

thebeebster

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I just bought a Logitech MX5500 keyboard and mouse and I would like to use the receiver to connect to my cell phone at the same time. I have installed Widcomm and the Logitech software.

I have read that the dongle comes in a certain mode that quick connects the keyboard and mouse or something. I changed it to accept other devices by fidgeting with stuff and I had to use widcomm to connect my keyboard and mouse.

When they are connected with widcomm the keyboard and mouse tabs dont appear in Setpoint so my keyboard and mouse special buttons don't work. Using Widcomm I connected to my cellphone and data transfer worked great.

When i realized the special keys didn't work I somehow got the dongle back to factory mode and the keyboard and mouse work great again but now Widcomm says there is no bluetooth device.

So i guess I have a couple questions lol:
Is there anyway to get the tabs in Setpoint while connecting the devices with Widcomm?
Or Is there a way to switch the dongle mode back and forth easily without having to touch any hardware?

I ask this because i had to plug in a wired keyboard and mouse and hit the connect button on the dongle a lot, but it is a huge pain because my computer is tucked into a wall unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edited by thebeebster, 03 February 2010 - 02:40 PM.

Advertisements