Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer wont boot

• Please log in to reply

travis bickles

travis bickles

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am in need of help, i tried to over clock my pc with ai booster, and have had no problems with it before how ever this time the computer froze which it had done before but, this time it didnt revert to its previous settings, now i cant get past the motherboard graphics screen and when i try to go to the bios it freezes in the menu, does anyone have any advice or is my motherboard been damaged?

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I don't know if the motherboard or cpu has been damaged or not, but if you want the motherboard to go back to it's default settings, you need to clear the CMOS. This can be done by taking the silver round watch type of battery off of your motherboard, wait at least a minute or so. I would press the power button with your computer UNPLUGGED, while you wait a few times to discharge any remaining power left on the motherboard.

After this, replace the battery, plug your computer back in, and press the power button. Did this work?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
On most newer boards you can accomplish the same thing with a jumper that is usually near the cmos battery.

You would move the jumper to the off position and then wait a few minutes before placing back on.
A 10 to 15 minute wait is the average.
Or as Ferrari suggested push the power button for a while while unplugged. They accomplish the same thing.

Just giving a possible alternate method.

123runner

travis bickles

travis bickles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the help however I managed to reslove the issue and it was
, believe it or not the bios chip had worked it's way loose slightly, it's acommon problem on my board

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible