Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start up message question

• Please log in to reply

Krissy82

Krissy82

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 546 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. It has been running perfectly since the upgrade, I did a clean install instead of just copying over Vista. However for the last few weeks when I start up my computer it will run a Check Disk even though I didn't ask it to. It doesn't happen every single time only occasionally. Well I researched and found that my HDD is probably about to go which isn't a problem because I have a new hard drive on the way.

But now today when I started up my computer it flashed a message for all of 5 seconds and all I could read of it was "ALERT: Previous" and then it went away. I have tried restarting my computer hoping to get the same message again but with no luck so far. Is there a log somewhere on my computer that stores messages that the computer displays or am I asking for to much???

Any help would be appreciated as I have no clue what it said and I don't want to install a new HDD if there is something else wrong with my computer.

I've attached a snip of my specs with the Snipping Tool in Win 7 and attached it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Advertisements

Krissy82

Krissy82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I realized today that I had never updated this post with the solution that I found.

I noticed that it was only giving me that stupid error message after it the computer has gone into sleep mode. And the resulting Check Disk scan on start up was a result of getting the warning message.

So in order to solve the problem I disabled my pc from going into to sleep mode and I have yet to get any more error messages or check disk screen.