Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD by tcpip.sys on Windows 7 64 bit

• Please log in to reply

rock39

rock39

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My new computer had started blue screening a while back but they weren't very frequent at all and I thought it had to do with me running games on high settings (like mirror's edge with antialiasing on). I now realize that that isn't the case because it has become more and more frequent and the system blue screens when no games are opened or even when a game never started since the computer booted up. I've tried updating all my drivers and even the bios. All I can say about the issue is something is making tcpip.sys crash.

Here are my minidump files if it helps.(not all of them but all the newest ones I could fit)

EDIT: My processor is running at a temp of around 40 degrees idle and over 50 with a game load. It's an AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor clocked at 3.39GHz. the video card is a GeForce 9800GTX+ with 512MB dedicated and I've got 8gigs of RAM.

I ran memtest and it found no errors.

Attached Files

Edited by rock39, 10 February 2010 - 11:29 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Minidump files are too technical and cryptic for most people, only 'techies' and Microsoft boffins can make sense of them. Can you post the full error message from the bsod, including the error codes?

rock39

rock39

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Here is what was in the error message after windows booted up. Is this what you need?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C000001D
BCP2: FFFFF80002D1C1FF
BCP3: FFFFF880085121B0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

rock39

rock39

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Here is the blue screen view report and Who Crashed report if anyone can help me with this info.

Attached Files

rock39

rock39

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Here is a fan speed list if anyone thinks it may be caused by overheating.

Attached Thumbnails

• fanspeeds.jpg

rock39

rock39

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Could a large collection of dust cause a blue screen? Because after I opened up my computer and blew out a bunch of dust the system didn't blue screen until several hours of hard use rather than 30 minutes.

rock39

rock39

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Could a large collection of dust cause a blue screen? Because after I opened up my computer and blew out a bunch of dust the system didn't blue screen until several hours of hard use rather than 30 minutes.