Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netbook Dell logs on & immediately logs off/ safe mode blue screen

• Please log in to reply

katwitanruna

katwitanruna

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Pleh! Pleh! :) My 16 year old bipolar/ADD/anxiety disorder (oh my, we need this netbook back up!!) daughter has a Dell Insperion netbook with Windows XP that she got August '09. She surfs fanfiction.net, gaiaonline.com, semeuke.com, & comcast.net (email). Regardless of the fact that I told her to immediately download McAfee (free is good), she assured me that it came with virusware & she was good to go. Mind you, this is the same child who has fried her CPU (neither my husband nor I have bothered to go upstairs & fix it... girls who ignore warnings about downloading virusware...). On to today's tragedy...

Said teenager comes home in the doldrums. When the netbook is turned on you get:

Logging on
Account page
enter password either account/doesn't matter
flash background
logging off
saving settings

When you try starting it in safe mode you get ::theme from Jaws::

hit safe mode (any of the three)
Blue Screen of Death...

A problem has been detected hsa windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer (yada yada yada)

Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0x80537009, 0xF7A3250008, 0xF7A32204)

Please note that I am not a computer geek nor do I play one on tv. Any advice would be fantastic!! I would ask my ex (her father) but he just works with mainframes.

Kat
--
http://www.cafepress.com/KatsKats
http://katskatsnews.blogspot.com

Edited by katwitanruna, 04 February 2010 - 04:47 PM.

Advertisements

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTL log in THAT forum.

Edited by handhfan, 04 February 2010 - 09:45 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Topic re-opened based on discussion with user in chat. Since she can't boot at all, she can't run the steps in the Malware removal guide, and needs assistance in getting past her current issue.