Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bitmaps

• Please log in to reply

tapndog1

tapndog1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a program that flashes a window at the beginning stating the program is registered to me. There is a logo on it that I would like to change. I have brought up every known bitmap image in the program but it is not there. Could this window be something other than bitmap and where could I find it. I have tried prefetch, inf, dat, etc. Help.

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
What is the program?

tapndog1

tapndog1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It is a dental program called WinVoice. It has a penguin at the start and I want to change it to a tooth.

t-bone

t-bone

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Tapndog,

If the program was compiled with the bitmap using "early binding", you will likely not find the image on your machine. There is an additional way, other than early binding that can produce the same results. The bitmap could have been "merged" with some other file. For instance, that was a trick you could use in Windows 3.1 to change the startup "splash" screen.

tapndog1

tapndog1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think that must be the case. The penguin is protruding halfway above the window and I can't find the window anywhere either. Thanks.