Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Problem

• Please log in to reply

bkn78

bkn78

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to fix this issue on a dell desktop PC with Windows XP SP3.

Running IE7 opens the program but several seconds later it just closes. I've run spyware / malware scans and made sure the anti-virus and windows are up to date.
I've seen a similar issue mentioned on the forum and the answer seemed to be a corrupt registry key.

Not sure if I need to install HijackThis and get a log from it to get assistance with this, never used the program, but more than willing to do so if it helps fix this annoyance.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by bkn78, 04 February 2010 - 07:56 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Uninstall all toolbars.

Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Most common entities are Google Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar and Windows Live Toolbar. Useless things. Best get rid.

bkn78

bkn78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Toolbars uninstalled and problem remans.

bkn78

bkn78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Closing this thread as my friend has opted to just take it in to a repair shop. Thank you for the assistance.