Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE8

• Please log in to reply

bayount

bayount

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I now run Mozilla firefox and love it, however the reason for switching is because with IE8 the following problems would occur.
When loading a page my pointer(mouse) wouldnt have any effect on the page. Sometimes I could click at the very top header of the page and then would be allowed to click, scroll, etc on the current page but it was/is a pain in the ***. Not to mention that IE seems to be so much slower than firefox. I removed java from IE and it seemed to speed things up a bit for a short while before again the problem would show up.
I dont know but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of functionality lag like I am?

Advertisements

Bryn_IE8_Team

Bryn_IE8_Team

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One potential fix is through managing your add-ons. In IE, go to ‘tools’ and ‘manage add-ons’. Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help your Internet run faster. Try disabling add-ons with more than a .2 sec load time. (i.e. tool bars)
If you’re still not having any luck, I recommend you reinstall IE8 on your system.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE8 Outreach Team