Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

BHFanaticos

BHFanaticos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey guys, I need help on creating a new name for a wireless connection. Everytime I go to connect to a connection there is no wireless ones available. I have the router and the cd all installed. I think the wireless connections were deleted and now I don't have them. So if someone could help me with this step by step it would be great :).

So all I need help is creating a wireless network with a security key and so that I can use it when I am not beside the router.

Anyone? Thanks :)

Advertisements

BHFanaticos

BHFanaticos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Somebody :)

BHFanaticos

BHFanaticos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Please. I need this fixed fast guys!

BHFanaticos

BHFanaticos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Can I get some help or no?

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
When your router is not shown in the list of available networks on a particular laptop, it's often because the wireless channel the router is set to use it too high, and some laptop wireless adapters are not compatible with channels higher than 10 or 11.

You need to go into your router's configuration web-page and lower the channel number to 8 or 9.

If that is not the problem, check in your router settings that "Broadcast SSID" is enabled. If that's disabled the router won't show up in the list of available networks.