Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello! Is my motherboard able to run PCI-Express 2.0?

• Please log in to reply

TheLastSpaceCowboy

TheLastSpaceCowboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! Is my motherboard compatible with a PCI-express 2.0 video card? I have a Gateway GM 5084 PC, with a Foxconn C51GU01 Motherboard. I had a BFG Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS OC. Worked well for a year or so, and just died... I wish to replace it with. Visiontek Radeon HD 5770 Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, CrossFireX Ready. Is this possible? Another question if i may ask; is GDDR5 significantly better than GDDR3? Thank you in advance for your kindness and willingness to help :)

Edited by TheLastSpaceCowboy, 05 February 2010 - 10:16 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Your MB will not see PCI-E 2.0 video cards. You will need to find a PCI-E 1.0 video card.

SRX660

computer_geek

computer_geek

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
you can use a pci express 2.0 video card but it wont run in pci express 2.0 it will be cut in half i had a bfg 9500 gt 1 gig and its 2.0 and i had in a regular asus mx pci express board and it ran fine