Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DCOM Shuts Down Unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply

xRonan_28x

xRonan_28x

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well I'm New Here In GeeksToGo..

May I Know How Could I Prevent DCOM Shuts Down Unexpectedly???

It Causes Me To Restart Always After 30 Minutes...

Advertisements

mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello xRonan_28x:

Welcome to Geeks to Go. Let's address your DCOM crashes. Assuming you're running Vista, please click your 'Start' menu and click 'Run...' (or type in the search box). Type "dcomcnfg.exe" [no quotations]. If the User Account Control pops up, confirm you know what you're doing by running as Administrator :)

Posted Image

You should see something like the photo above. In the left pane, select the 'Event Viewer' and expand 'Applications and Services'.
Look at the results in the main pane. If you're seeing a ton of events popping up in a certain application or process, start researching there. You are looking for errors (presumably the ones that are causing your component services to crash).
Please give us some more information so that we can be of more service to you. Can you find a pattern with the crashes? Are there certain programs or services that are always running? Be as specific as possible. Thanks! :)

Edited by mybuddyeric, 06 February 2010 - 09:15 AM.

xRonan_28x

xRonan_28x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I Always Found At My Avast Is

Detection Of svchost.exe With a Trojan But I Already Cleaned Them..

I Used RegCure To Cleanse The Viruses But There IS Still A Virus... [My RegCure Is Updated]

By The Way, What Is The Function Of svchost.exe???

Edited by xRonan_28x, 06 February 2010 - 02:12 PM.

mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
'svchost.exe' is a generic Microsoft process that allows your background services (i.e. your .dll files) to run properly (Wiki). While malware can attach itself to svchost.exe threads, the majority of them are harmless.
Have you run a full system scan or had one of our malware removal experts attend to your case? You will get much better attention if you post this in the malware forums. If you suspect an infection, be 100% sure it is gone before posting in another forum. This way no wires get crossed. :) Good luck!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

xRonan_28x

xRonan_28x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay sir Rorschach112...

I'll Just Post Again Here When I'm Done And Have Problems With It..

xRonan_28x

xRonan_28x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The Good News Is The Pop-up Of DCOM Is Not Appearing...

But The Bad News Is :

1. Pop-up : "Windows Must Now Restart Because The Plug And Play Service Terminated Unexpectedly"
2.Pop-up : Microsoft .NET Framework "Unhandled Exception Has Occured In Your Application. etc..."
3. Pop-up : "Host Process For Windows Services Stopped Working And Was Closed"

Edited by xRonan_28x, 07 February 2010 - 05:28 AM.