Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

building a new system, or upgrading my current system

• Please log in to reply

sciether

sciether

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to upgrade my current system wich is a dell inspron 530 E7200, 500g hard drive, 22" lcd. I'm looking at and really like Xion II case, XFX nForce 750i SLI Motherboard, EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card, another 22" lcd for dual screen setup, and possibly adding a new hard drive, a new core 2 quad Q9550, 8gb of memory and upgrading from my Vista to windows 7 ultimate, basically allow me to have a seperate system in case one fails my store doesn't have to be shut down, I'll put the 530 back to work. (but not really set on it due to prices). Because im really new to this I wanted some pro opions. I do not game on this system, but I do alot of graphics design in progams like corel x4 and some 3d design in google sketch pro. This system runs several printers and a vinyl plotter, all while i keep about 5-6 explorer windows for emails and ebay store, streaming music and inspiration ideas on google images. Because I really dont know what if any stress is applied to my system, I'm hopeing my hardware wants are plenty for what this system is going to be used. Any opions or sugestions will be very welcome.TY

Edited by sciether, 06 February 2010 - 11:38 AM.

Advertisements

sciether

sciether

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, since I got absoloutely no answers so I decided to stick my I-530 mootherboard in Xion II case, was suprisingly easy. Anyone who wants to do a dell case swap hit me up to find out what it took do mine. And dont let anyone BS ya about you cant swap because "Dell cases and parts are proprietary" (Unless you work for Dell I think someone should pop you upside the head for saying that). I added a EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB card and Ultra ULT33054 Stackable All-In-One Card Reader HUB - 6-Port, USB 2.0, let me add all usb I'll probally ever need, and acer 22" lcd now I have nice dual screen setup. Later on I'll add the mobo and cpu I want, when money allows. I guess even when you ask sometimes you have to figure it out all by your lonesome.