Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

View what other people have been downloading

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm looking for an application that will monitor what other people are downloading in my house, I'm not sure what kind of program i would need or if there is even a program like that. I have 2 computers in my house and would like to monitor the other one. Is that possible?
If so could someone direct me to a program that would do that, thanks.

EDIT: The other computer is running Windows XP and my one is running Windows 7 if that's any help.

Edited by ACF1711, 06 February 2010 - 01:00 PM.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
I'm sorry that we are not able to assist you. We have no way to verify the veracity of your information. If your router supports it, you can tell the total amount of bandwidth being consumed. This, however won't tell you what was being downloaded. Beyond that it gets into the need to install monitoring software on the computers in question. Providing this advice is paramount to installing spyware on ones pc, which is against our ToS.