• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi malcontented,

If Malwarebytes is already installed then there is no need to run the renamed installer.
You may have been hit with this newer variant though:
http://www.geekstogo...ty-t271850.html

The removal instructions are the same, just make sure to get the latest updates.

Advertisements

premiersniper_2

premiersniper_2

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
A few days ago I got this malware which I believe is a variant of this one. It was called Win Antispyware 7. I followed some manual removal instructions. Basically i removed all traces of the file "ave.exe" and its registry entries. It got rid of the spyware pop ups. But now I keep getting redirected to fishy spyware and other search results when I search for something on google, i.e. i search for whatever then i click on a search result and it takes me to a totally unrelated search-type or spyware-type page. I guess its related. Any advice?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.