Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URGENT: Need Response![RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rome09

Rome09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
no i havent tried a second keyboard.. but i dont think anyone spilled anything on it, i will try using another keyboard now to see if that is the problem, i will post again when i have tried that.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Other thoughts....

Right Click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose HARDWARE, choose DEVICE MANAGER (or choose DEVICE MANAGER instead of hardware....my mind is slipping and I cannot recall where it is in windows2k)

Expand KEYBOARD, right click and choose REMOVE or UNINSTALL (that mind thing again), reboot. Windows will redetect and install

Nothing showing explains this problem, so corrupt keyboard driver seems the most likely short of someone remapping the keyboard...anyone else use this PC?

Rome09

Rome09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
no nobody else has used my PC, i will go ahead and do the "device manager" step, if that doesnt work, ill try using another keyboard and post here when i'm done, if you get any more ideas don't hesitate to post them, thank you!

Edited by Rome09, 19 May 2005 - 03:14 PM.

Rome09

Rome09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
OK I tried uninstalling my keyboard, and resetting. When it was booting up the main screen, a prompt came up saying "unable to find driver 2." Then it continued to start up normally, it prompted me to install my new keyboard hardware device, I am about to reset my computer again to see if anything has changed. I'll post again when i've done that

Edited by Rome09, 19 May 2005 - 03:27 PM.

Rome09

Rome09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
And after removing my keyboard driver(?) and reinstalling it, the problem still exists. I'm going to try using another keyboard, I'll post here when I've done that.

Rome09

Rome09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Success! After connecting another keyboard, and testing it, I no longer have the problem! Thank you for the help, it was greatly appreciated, if my problem continues(which i doubt it will) I will simply post again. Thank you again, to both of you for your help!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You're welcome and that's what we're here for! :tazz: I'm glad it turned out to be just a faulty keyboard, and not something more serious! ;)

I am closing this topic. If/when you need any help in the future, don't hesitate to come back to visit and start a new topic!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.