Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't hear sound on internet

• Please log in to reply

billyhudson0129

billyhudson0129

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know this isn't a new topic but I'm pretty sure I've done everything I've seen listed with no result.
I can't hear sound when I play videos from YouTube and the like. My speakers work fine on everything else. Although this problem existed before, I recently completely reinstalled Windows XP and Internet Explorer with the help of a Microsoft tech. The latest things, I got from reading these topics, that I tried were installing the "Community" sound thing and when I did the registry edit thing to add wavemapper it was already there at the bottom of the list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry wrong topic... have you checked your browser to make sure under options it is allowing multimedia files?

Edited by rshaffer61, 07 February 2010 - 10:40 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Same with Firefox?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That would have been my next suggestion but glad you brought it up Broni. Let us know if either option gets you positive results billyhudson129.

billyhudson0129

billyhudson0129

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow, thanks people! Internet Explorer does have multimedia files allowed. Firefox DOES play the audio for me! I've never really used Firefox (didn't even know it was on my machine). I'm assuming it's a better option than Internet Explorer and I'm liking the way, under Bing.com, I can roll over the videos and it EXPANDS and plays them rather than just playing them in their small boxes without ever clicking them.

I REALLY appreciate all your help!! Obviously this is the place to go with my questions!
Thanks again!!!

***GO SAINTS***

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and thanks for letting us know. Please let us know how everything works for you as we will continue to monitor this topic for a few days to make sure.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Nice :)