Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Screen Resolution will not change

• Please log in to reply

CAUTION5697

CAUTION5697

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I just installed Windows XP Professional over my older version of Windows XP Home Edition, when i loaded it up the resolution was huge and when i tried to change it the slider would not move at all. Where there are usually more dashes there was one at each end and that was the only choice. Also whenever i boot up my computer i get a message from the toolbar say that my screen resolution is bad and click this bubble to change, when i click it andother window pops up and it says to let windows change your relolution for you click yes. When i click yes nothing happens and the window closes

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I'll help you, but what chipset do you have? It's different with each one.
Example\/
Posted Image

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi CAUTION5697

Did you try and reinstall your video card drivers, that's the first thing I would try.