Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help - Rundll32.exe Recovery & Lots of System process missing

• Please log in to reply

NeedHelpQuick123

NeedHelpQuick123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright well I was browsing the web when I suddenly get a
"Windows Vista Internet Security 2010"
window showing me all my viruses... etc... I decline it, and it comes back and back. I normally spot fakes, but this one seemed realistic until after I tried to open taskmgr.exe
When I try to it says:
C:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe
Application not found
So I hit up Ctr+Alt+Del and boot it up that way and find that very few system processes are running.
Rundll32.exe I notice, is gone..
So I try booting a file and it asks me what to open with!
My only option right now to open Firefox is to open a file with Firefox and use it like a downlaod.
I used PC Tools Spyware Doctor to do a complete scan only to find it was not free.
I did the src /scannow.exe
Thing or whatever and it gave me an error or something like that and to reboot so I rebooted and the same thing.
Please help ASAP!

Also: Is there any quick way to replace my rundll32.exe and all of the other missing files.

PS: Also I cannot re-install Windows Vista through a disc? Why? Let me tell you...
HP no longer gives you Vista Install discs, but instead System Restore :\...
WOW BIG HELP WHEN YOU CAN'T ACCESS IT!

Edited by NeedHelpQuick123, 07 February 2010 - 08:43 PM.

Advertisements