Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a wireless card

• Please log in to reply

onlyhtml.webs.com owner

onlyhtml.webs.com owner

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First off, I am doing this from a phone, so my wording might no look so good.

Next, my post.
Recently, in my dorm, (I am in collage), i had an internal power surge and my usb wireless card was fried. I have my surge prob fixed, but, I need a new wireless card.I am broke, but I have a lot of computer components laying around. What I need to know is how to build a wireless N card and how to write the codefor the drivers. I know some HTML and languages related to it, and I built my own rig - its been work perfctly for a year now - so im never completely baffaled. Anyway, thanks for your help and please respod.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you're in way over your head. you can't build your own wireless card from scratch. and HTML will not let you write a driver or the code required to process the actual traffic. and that doesn't even get to the part where you'd have to hardcode a micro controller for the board etc..