Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Curious

• Please log in to reply

tdizzle23

tdizzle23

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I would consider myself a novice Computer Builder but I have a few questions.

1. Will My Ultra X-Connect PSU work with a AMD athlon xp/mobo combo? (the cable says 12V 4pin Pentium IV power cable) look at link

http://ultraproducts...7&productID=158

2. What are the PCI-E 1x slots used for?- new mobos have these and I can't find a single use for them.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
The Ultra Xconnect will work very well with just about any system ( look at my Signature at the bottom)

Pci-E is pci express it is for video cards, this is the newest thing to come out for video.

Rick

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
yup, although i would suggest the 400wt-cheaper and more reliable than most 580wt psu. pci-e 1x are very uncommon devices, but same stuff that goes into pci slots, just faster. i am assuming the AMD combo is requiring the cable-most do.

Nixx