Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Office 2007. An error was encountered during setup.

• Please log in to reply

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi.

Recently I bought Microsoft Office 2007. I removed my Microsoft office 2003 before I ran the setup. So when I got to the setup I put the key in and clicked install now. The green bar which is supposed to come up didn't. The loading bar remained empty. After 5 minutes when the bar was still empty, it said an error was encoutered during setup.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Pawanhammers, 08 February 2010 - 11:36 AM.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I would start by using Microsoft's Office Installer CleanUp Utility to make sure the old version of Office 2003 is completely gone. Then try and reinstall Office 2007.

You can download it from their website here. Just make sure you follow the instructions.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 09 February 2010 - 07:47 AM.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Thanks for that. It worked.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
No problem, glad I could help.