Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BankerFox.A and Win32/Nuqel.E

• Please log in to reply

highsociety112

highsociety112

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Okay, so my laptop has a virus on it that doesn't allow me to run any programs basically.
When I attempt to run a program there is an error that pops up and blocks it that says...
"Application cannot be executed. The file (wuauclt/dllhost/searchfilterhost/wmiadap/lucallbackproxy/ieuser and others).exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?" I have clicked NO every time, and then every so often a box will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen that says that Win32/Nuquel.E or BankerFox.A is trying to attack. Do I want to block? I click NO. It'll also randomly open my Windows Security Center.

I have tried MANY things. I can't run HijackThis. It won't allow it to go through. I can't run any of the programs in the Virus, Spyware, and Trojan Removal thread. It blocks them all. I've only managed to run Spybot- Search and Destroy. I've also looked up several guides and tutorials on possibly removing the BankerFox and Win32/Nuquel programs but when I searched my entire laptop, there weren't any of those files in here.

I don't know what to do to save this computer. I just know that I've tried mostly everything I can think of. The biggest handicap is being unable to run antivirus applications once I've downloaded them.

What should I do?
HELP!

Advertisements