Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Several downloading issues with Windows 7.

• Please log in to reply

LostRanger

LostRanger

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Within the last week, myself and my wife bought two new Windows 7 computers. Since our change from our Vista 64 bit computers it has been a nightmare with downloads, including Windows updates.

The OS is Windows 7 64 bit Home
The errors are as follows... Corrupted Files, Download Fails (no additional info), Downloaded Updates Fails (unknown errors) for Windows Updates, Checksum Errors, No Signature Certificate, among others.

I have done a lot of things like disabling Windows Firewall, disabling Router Firewall, disabling NAT filtering, changing all internet options security, and private settings to their lowest settings, also checked to allow running of non-signature programs (not sure exact wording), even disabled all Checksum offloading on both NIC cards.

We were able to transfer the game "Aion w/updates" off our old Vista 64 bit computers, and it runs well, but I could not transfer other programs such as Sandra SiSoftware, Malware Bytes, etcetera and get them to work properly. During this entire fiasco I was able to dowload one program; "Advanced System Care 3 from IObits". While messing with my computer late one night I was able to finally download Sandra SiSoftware, and Malware Bytes, but havn't been able to download anything since. I still can not download the full array of Windows Updates on my wifes computer.

We've taken my wifes computer back to Best Buy twice now, and are on our third computer, same problems. My computer came from CyberPowerPC. The GeedSquad looked at the first computer my wife took back, and they couldn't figure it out, and gave the second computer out of box to her. When we took the second computer back an older gentleman who wasn't there the first time got Itunes to download, but wouldn't tell us how he did it (I asked, he wanted something like $60), and gave us a new computer, fresh out of the box.

I'm at a loss here, and not sure what else to do. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with security settings (IE8) and/or router, maybe even the modem, possibly. We have Cox highspeed internet.

Advertisements