Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counter-Strike blocking

• Please log in to reply

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hey guys.

After reformatting, something seems to be blocking my games list within counter-strike.

'No internet games responded to the query' is the message I'm getting.

I have tried with both my AV and Firewall off and still nothing.

After reformatting, I installed a new router. Could it be something to do with ports? I remember having to open ports a while back for Splinter Cell on-line games.

Thanks, Simon.

Advertisements

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hey

just wondering if someone could help me with this issue still?

When I say I remember opening ports for previous games. I meant someone else did it for me, I aint got a clue :)

Cheers

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Problem fixed with a steam update

FEBRUARY 19, 2010, 4:08 PM - VALVE - STEAM CLIENT UPDATE

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

Steam Client
Fixed registering GFW titles after preload decryption
Fixed not getting servers in the serverbrowser on a client Steam install if you immediately launched a game rather than using the Steam server browser
Various Steamworks fixes