Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recommended burn in diagnostics for new system builds

• Please log in to reply

thaig3r

thaig3r

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,

I would like to know what is the best method for testing the CPU,motherboard, RAM, harddrive and video card in a new computer. I've heard of prime 95 and memtest 86, but that's about it. How can I check the rest of the system to make sure everything is working fine?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Why do you need to check it?
If something was wrong then, with all due respect, you'd have known about it by now :)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
For testing OC stability, I like to use OCCT's PSU stress test. It simultaneously stresses the CPU and GPU (which also draws a lot of power, which is why it's called the PSU stress test). If your computer can pass that, it will be able to handle anything you throw at it.

However, like Neil said, the average user probably doesn't need to do this unless they are experiencing problems.

thaig3r

thaig3r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sometimes, I build computers for other people, so I would like to be extra careful with their computers because I won't always be there to fix the problem. Thank you for your replies.