Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer won't print and I can't delete it or add a printer...

• Please log in to reply

jimiclaptoncarl

jimiclaptoncarl

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey guys,

Midday Sunday I go to print a page, normal everyday thing right? Wrong... :) My printer can't print and the print jobs keep getting stuck in the que. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HP software with the cd I have but I still have the same problem. Any time I try and delete the printer or add a printer I keep getting those (not responding) messages, like Printers (Not Responding) as well as Add Printer(not responding) and then the Windows Explorer is not responding message where I click close the program. :)

Also, it won't let me access the ports tab in the printer's properties... :)

I hope one of you can't figure out what's wrong... I even was able to print the night before, so nothing has changed.

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium and the printer is an HP Officejet 6310 All-in-one, the printer is connected via usb and I've tried all the usb connectors on my pc, no difference...

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by jimiclaptoncarl, 09 February 2010 - 02:06 PM.

Advertisements

jimiclaptoncarl

jimiclaptoncarl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Okay, I finally was able to delete the printer, but I can't add one now... :)

Everytime I go to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Printers/ and then click the add printer button, it asks if I want to add a local or network printer, I click local and it does nothing, it freezes up. I have to click a lot of times on the X to close it and then I get Add Printer(not responding)... :)

I tested the printer on our other pc and I was able to add it in like 10sec, so the printer and the cable are good, it has to be a problem with Windows Vista?

Please help me! I don't understand what happened it was working fine now I can't add a printer... :)

jimiclaptoncarl

jimiclaptoncarl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Anyone else have this problem, a member pm'd me and said he also had the same exact problem. :)