Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD: UO download problem

• Please log in to reply

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
ME:
" I use to have CoD: UO on my computer but I had to recover it so now its gone. I downloaded Cod 1 but while trying to download the expansion an error pops up."

The error includes the following:

"The file c:\Program Files\ call of duty\Main\pak0.pk3 is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded."

Starjax:
May 15 2005, 01:31 PM Post #2

"downloading implies that you do not have a legal copy. I do not support illegally obtained software per our Terms of Service. "

**** PLEASE I NEED HELP. I BOUGHT COD UO ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND NOT ILLEGALY IN ANY WAY.****

Edited by Lilcokekid, 18 May 2005 - 08:10 PM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Well, if you bought it, then where is it?? One would think you would just use the cd again to re-install it!! :tazz:

Murray

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I do have it. I already downloaded the first cod and when I try downloading COD UO the expansion pack that pops up!

I just uninstalled 1 and then installing it then tried to download cod uo expansion but still shows the same error.

Edited by Lilcokekid, 19 May 2005 - 03:59 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

I do have it. I already downloaded the first cod and when I try downloading COD UO the expansion pack that pops up!

I just uninstalled 1 and then installing it then tried to download cod uo expansion but still shows the same error.

View Post

You are saying you downloaded it.. nothing saying you purchased the cd..
Use the cd that you purchased the game on to install..

Murray

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Its alright I don't need your help anymore. I figured out the problem myself. Thanks alot for the help! :tazz:

And if you can see when I started the topic that I put it in caps and surrounded the line with stars where I typed I did buy them and not illegally that I actually did tell you!

Edited by Lilcokekid, 19 May 2005 - 05:37 PM.