Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless keyboard not recogized after bios loads

• Please log in to reply

lincolnsbad

lincolnsbad

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Help! I'm dual booting XP and Win7 on an HP desktop, all that works fine, however once the bios clears and I'm switched to the screen to make a decision on whether to select Win 7 or XP the Logitech wireless keyboard does not respond and thus let me select an operating system. With a wired keyboard it works fine? Why would the wireless keyboard work in the Bios setup and then fail in the selection screen?? any Help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

A possible fix if your BIOS supports it:

Go into the BIOS and look for HPET Support (this stands for "High Precision Event Timer").
Set it to 'Enabled'

(Don't ask me why that might fix it, I just 'googled' your problem and that came up!).

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 10 February 2010 - 12:25 PM.

lincolnsbad

lincolnsbad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Phillip appreciate the member welcome.........

Unfortunately I don't have that option in my bios...... It's a 5+ year old HP, a workhorse with a good mobo on and such and so I'd like to keep it going, until I finish building the new one. But this little devil of an issue is just a pain the butt. I guess I'll just plug the wired keyboard in when I boot so I can select the system and go on from there. I must have done 600 google searches and that never came up........ again I really thank you for taking the time

Rondelle

Rondelle

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Try going into the USB options on bios and switch Legacy support to on it might be worth a try.

lincolnsbad

lincolnsbad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks and I did do that, as I'd read that on another forum, I would caution that change however.........after I did change the Legacy from disabled to enabled and exited bios, the PC went into over clock (or something) as the CPU fan went to overdrive and the Samsung monitor indicated it was out of range after going blank. It was late in the day so I manually powered down and the next morning found I had no video signal. I'd just put a new nvidea card in and fortunately had the old one, I replaced the card, took legacy back to disabled and got my video back...........no ones fault but my own, but who would have thought THIS crazy thing would happen after changing that setting. See, this keyboard problem is taking on a life of its own.

baula

baula

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
in my search wireless keyboard might not worked on boot precess.