Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Region

• Please log in to reply

bar_oli

bar_oli

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a bother right now, I have recently purchased a SONY vaio FS laptop, and i'm trying to install and run a DVD region kill program so that i can watch all the dvds that i have bought around the world. I am able to install a number of these programs including DVD ghost and DVD region Free, but the same problem occurs each time. The DVD will play initially i.e. the warning pictures etc, but when the actual menu starts the screen is black and it sounds like a skipping CD. This is often accomapnied by a crash of my DVD player software.

I also would like to copy my DVD's, i have installed the DVD43 program to get around the copyright but, i belive the problem lies with the region killer.

I also have a HP pavillion laptop at my disposal and this does not encounter the same problems.

Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oli Armstrong

Advertisements