Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Always getting limited connection in LAN connection.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I have a problem regarding my onboard LAN card on my asus p5ql pro motherboard. Its always getting a 'Limited Connection' as my LAN status. My ISP techinician has already visited my house with his own notebook to check my connection but the connection of his notebook was fine. So I conclude that the issue is on my end not on my ISP.

And I am wondering why my VPC with XP os which is connected to my LAN NIC has an internet connection but my physical pc has no connection.

The following are the resolution that I have tried but the issue is still persists:

1. cmd > netsh winsock
2. cmd > ipconfig -flushdns
3. cmd > ipconfig /release
4. cmd > ipconfig /renew
5. update the driver of my LAN NIC for both system (XP and Win7).
6. update the bios of my motherboard.
7. Format my system (XP and Win7).

Hope you guys help me...
Thanks a lot...