Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Visual Studio 2008 c++ libpurple compile

• Please log in to reply

nattsurf123

nattsurf123

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,
I would simply want to compile lib purple in visual studio but I fear that would be difficult.

The big problem I have now is a config.h file.
The story to this is that I was following instructions posted in this url:
http:\\pidgin.im\pipermail\devel\2007-May\001041.html
It says:

2. Add version.h, and config.h from pidgin root

But in the pidgin root I found a version of config.h that undefined everything.
So when I compile I get errors like:

Error 84 error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'STATIC_PROTO_INIT' c:\users\admin\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\libpurple\libpurple\core.c 79 LibPurple

I realize this was not the config.h that I was supposed to add but instead a config.h with a crazy name like 'config.h.mingw'.
Of course I removed the old config.h and replaced it with this one.

This file would define the required constants. So I hit compile, but for some reason I get the same error.

Error 84 error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'STATIC_PROTO_INIT' c:\users\admin\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\libpurple\libpurple\core.c 79 LibPurple

So I had to make some wild tests in order to get more information.
I added the #define code in core.c.
#ifndef STATIC_PROTO_INIT
#define STATIC_PROTO_INIT static void static_proto_init(void) {  }
#endif

That actually made the compile a bit more happy because the compiler triggered an error on another missing constant.
So I concluded that visual studio still uses the old config.h file.

What do you think?
What could I try?
What should I do?

Advertisements