Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook SR-1

• Please log in to reply

wharris53

wharris53

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, I'm trying to adapt an old laptop my son sent for use by his Mom to email and browse the internet. I posted a wireless issue on the network forum, but I also have a software question.
He apparently had Outlook SR-1, but I don't have any of the disks he used. I do, however, have 2000 premium. I couldn't get outlook to work so I installed office 2000 premium and though it now works, EVERYTIME I use it I get multiple dialogs about how I upgraded from Win 95/98 to 2000 and I need to repair outlook SR-1. I have simply been canceling through all this, but it gets old.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Help Please.
b

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I think you should have uninstalled Outlook SR1 (and any other old MS Office applications if they exist) before installing Office 2000 Premium.
The PC is now confused because there are two different versions of Outlook on the hard drive.

Uninstall all Outlook and Office software, then re-install Office 2000 Premium.

wharris53

wharris53

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The laptop keeps asking for a disk to uninstall the old outlook and I don't have that disk. This was my son's laptop and he has THAT software.