Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Run32.dll deleted,Poss IS2010 infection, Severe malware infections

• Please log in to reply

jbz333

jbz333

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had some possible fake security update pop-ups from myspace,or icefilms and I could run Superantispyware so I did and it picked up 3 things to delete on reboot. So I clicked reboot then after that my Run32dll file was missing.

The only program I could open was firefox. I couldn't run any exe files. I have an HP computer that doesn't give you a windows XP disc, so I did a Windows restore in F-10 because it said it could save my files and just reinstall windows.

So, I recovered XP and I think that was a bad idea. I went to Microsoft and downloaded SP3 and all the security updates for windows, even Microsoft security essentials (which picked up several severe infections including:

SEVERE
Backdoor:win32/Zonebac.gen!F- (Location C:programfiles\Quicktime\qttask.exe)

HIGH
Trojan: Win 32/Fakespypro
Trojan: Win32/Fakeream
SEVERE
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.Dy - (Location- containerfile: C:windows\s.dll file:C:windows\s.dll file C:windows\s.dll.> CVFS:nistrator.dll)
Trojan: Win32/malagent (location C:\info.exe

I ran threw the IS2010 removal guide and it came up clean.
Redownloaded MBAM and it doesnt find anything, nor does superantispyware. I know my PC feels off though.
Should I just reformat?

Edited by jbz333, 10 February 2010 - 08:06 PM.

Advertisements