Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mobo, psu or a short?

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Awesome, I'm glad you found the culprit. :)

i found out it was my HD

Its funny, you wouldn't think an HD would cause that problem at that level(just powering on or just trying to POST), but I've seen it many times before.

Good luck with everything.

Advertisements

aaomacman

aaomacman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I hate to bump a dead thread.. but looking back at the things you mentioned with the memory.. do you think with it running stock it could be capping my performance? my computer loads a video game of mine really slow.. my other friends load a good 5 seconds faster... sometimes even 10 seconds.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
@aaomacman

Check to see what speed your RAM is actually running at.
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Also, what is the brand name and model of your hard drive? IME, on a machine with hardware as good as you have, the HDD is often the bottleneck. In cases like this I have moved to an Intel or OCZ SSD for the OS.