Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Upgradeing Office 2007 STD to Pro

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am trying to upgrade machines that have office 2007 STD installed using a custom MSP file and SCCM. All of our machines have Office 2007 STD on them but some users require the pro version. In order to do this I have created a new MSP for the office 2007 Pro and placed it in the update folder. When I run the Setup.exe from SCCM I am presented with the Office splash screen and then nothing. If I remove the customer MSP file and run Setup.exe manually I am prompted for the serial number and then the install proceeds as normal. I have read in other forums about an XML file that can be edited to do reinstalls but I have no experience with XML. Is there a GUI driven utility I can use to edit this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You shouldn't have to do this. If you have upgrade CDs these will do the job for you, or you can generally grab the office trials from the website for Professional and activate those with your licence. The only difference between Office 2007 Standard and Professional is the inclusion of Microsoft Access in the Professional. The other programs are exactly the same. Are you upgrading to Pro for any reason other than access to Microsoft Access?